Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday's Thankfulness

This week has been a hard one mentality. Joyce Meyer speaks so much truth that the true battlefield for our soul is in the mind. After a great Easter Sunday where I felt totes pumped, Monday morning came and poured cold water on my joyful spirit. I can't say exactly what it was that started to dampen my spirits, but it's been a slow whittling away until last night I just felt like I couldn't bear much more.

I woke up this morning, trying to claim Ephesians 1:19-20 over my life, remembering the power of my God. But it was a struggle trying to not be tired and to ignore my throbbing foot from where I dropped my hairdryer on it. On my way to work, I re-listened to Pastor Craig's sermon, "I Am the Resurrection" hoping to have my fire renewed. As the truth came in, the hopeless transformed into hope. Jesus reminded me that His delays are not denials, only a better way for His Glory to be on displayed. A friend texted me that she hoped I would be surrounded by God's love today so I would encouraged.

And then it happened. At 1:00 this afternoon, there was God's love on display on for me...the return of the sun after dark cold rain for the past three days. Whoa...anybody else get that parallel? The Return of the Sun after THREE days? I get chills just thinking about it. My hope became stronger and my heart was strengthened in my faith because of His power. He is with me to win that mental battle and help me press on even when I'm tired. He is my strength and ready to fight for me.

Right after that, God showed me three more gifts: 1. One of my students taught my class and me a math theory called Fibonacci Method. See, kindergartener a can teach their teachers something too! 2. A delicious cookie from one of my sweet students and her family 3. Chilling out to my folk music station on Spotify. The Eucharisteo in the middle of this hard mental week has changed my heart and mind back to my Father. Amen, amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment