Saturday, March 1, 2014

Saturday's List

Brought to you by the letter P

1. People: I'm guilty of getting trapped into thinking all about me a lot of times instead of thinking about others. Sometimes I need to step outside of myself and think how I could better love others. Maybe it is some quality time, an encouraging word or an act of service that I need to schedule or do.

2. Perspective. When faced with difficult decisions, I tend to get bogged down in the details and see things from a limited perspective. It is good to stop and ask others for their view points. Often it gives a fresh perspective and decisions become easier to make.

3. Popularity. I used to struggle a lot in school. I never wanted to be popular, but I also never wanted to do something that went against the popular wave. Lately I've struggled with how I view myself because in my eyes, my life is not one that would be popular in American society. It has been a daily struggle to lay it all down and be obedient to God's calling right now.

4. Patience. Apparently I have none. :-) I want things in my life to happen and I'm tired of waiting. Every opportunity feels more like a missed chance. For example, last Sunday night my church offered a connection event for people to find a life group. I thought this was great since I've prayed for a new group. However, the event was really hard for me to meet a leader of a group that would be a good fit. Maybe it is because I'm introverted in situations like that, but by the evening's end, I felt like it was a missed chance.  I guess I just need to continue in patient prayers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment