Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday's List: Random Thoughts


1. This week I've had the most random songs in my head: The Mulan Soundtrack and Unchained Melody. Any one know why songs pop up and stay on your mind?

2. Learned a lot about Old Testament idols when I googled it, looking for pictures. (Insert little embarrassed emoji face.)

3.  Greek Yogurt+ Blueberries + Granola= Yummy Breakfast

4.  24 is an awesome TV show. I'm sorry I wasn't a fan while it actually aired.

5.  I removed my duck face and cleavage shots from my online dating profile.

6.  Just kidding. I never had those kind of pictures on my site. :-)

7.  If you forget to rinse the conditioner out of your hair, just go ahead and put it into a bun. Otherwise you look like you have spaghetti hanging from your head.

8.  School starts in 13 days. I don't know why, but this year I'm very nervous to meet my class. I loved my class last year. It was one of the few years the kids ended up treating each other like family instead of friends, so it was a comfortable environment. I pray this year, the students learn to grow to love each other this way quickly.

9.  I really like pistachio frozen yogurt.

10.  I really like reading the Gospel of Mark. Mark jumps right into the ministry of Jesus and highlights how important faith is to believing. 

11.  My allergies are worse when it rains. Am I made of sugar and actually melting? :-)

12.  Saw a TV show about epic homes. A man had a yacht that not only held his car but had real gold leaf tiles for his bathroom. Gold in the bathroom, who knew?

13.  I've spent the summer reading books about quirky females. 

14. Unless I got sucked into reading about end times, Jay-Z, the Denver Airport, and Coldplay. I had no idea that stuff was online. I'm not sure what to make of it.

15.  I guess I should rewatch Frozen so I'm ready for all the references from the kids.   I thought it would drift away, but one of my best friends just had a Frozen birthday for her daughter a week ago. I guess we are just not ready to let it go.

16. One of my first jobs in education was as a teaching assistant in a first grade classroom. That was in 2005. Those first graders are now old enough to drive. 

17.  "I just want to murder someone and eat soft pretzels."-Jess Day, New Girl, on PMS

18.  I'm all for natural methods and science holding hands to work together.  Both have a place.

19.  Vanilla Dr.Pepper is a new favorite of mine, says the woman who only drinks Coke.

20.  I'm into Physique57 workouts right now. It is a barre style class, but I can do it in the comfort of my home. I'd like to think I'm getting stronger without having to lift weights. I'll let you know. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment