Monday, November 4, 2013

Do you have a case of the Mondays?

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:6, 7 NIV)

I think today was supposed to be a day of the Mondays for me. But it wasn't. I woke up this morning and read the YouVersion verse of the day, 1 Corinthians 13:6-7. It reminded me of a Bible study I wrote a few years ago where I replaced the word love with God in order to see the characteristics of God clearly. When I did that, it read like this in my mind:

"God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. God always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:6, 7 NIV)"

While I was in the middle of praying during my morning commute, traffic came to a sudden standstill and I was involved in a minor fender bender on I-44. But God was there. He was definitely protecting me. I had just stopped with enough room that I didn't bump the car in front of me. The lady behind me just scraped little Nicole Nissan's left rear wheel. She couldn't have been more apologetic or sincere. She probably is a really nice person in everyday life. After we exchanged information, I had to merge from the shoulder back onto I-44, which I looked and saw was going to be impossible. I said a prayer and asked God to help me get on the highway, and suddenly there was a clear break in the traffic. I was able to make it to work and still teach all day. The students were great and rolled with me. They worked hard and we got to end the day on a fun note. I wasn't looking forward to sitting through a meeting after school, but it ended up being very interesting and dare I say, a tiny bit of fun?

God definitely protected me. He definitely chased after my heart and renewed my hope and trust in Him. It could have been a bad day, but instead, by keeping my eyes focused on Him, it's been a tough day of Eucharisteo.

Dear God, I thank you for this Monday. I thank you that you are always protecting me. Thank you for renewing my hope and my trust in you. Jesus, there is no one beside you, forever the hope in my heart.


Poor little Nicole's scrape!! :-(

0 comments:

Post a Comment