Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday's List: Prayers I'm Praying

Here is just a few things that are on my prayer list. I'd love if you would lift these up to The Lord too!

1. I received a letter yesterday from one of my Compassion children, Maria. She was diagnosed with a serious heart infection and had to go to the hospital in the Philippines for treatment. Her mother wrote and asked if I would pray for her complete healing, so I'm asking you to stand with me. Please pray Maria is healed!

2. I've asked God to show Himself in my classroom lately. This week I've seen such a difference. The children are much calmer and even more focused. I was so blessed on Thursday because not only did I work with all my reading groups, but I was also able to work with some students who needed extra help. God is so good!!

3. I'm trying to slow down and be still with God. I'm trying to tell myself that it is ok to rest and relax. I've even prayed I could be sensitive to His leading and slow down. God allowed me some opportunities this week and thankfully, not because of my will, but because of the Holy Spirit, I've listened and slowed down.  

4. I'm always praying for the Nurse and her husband's marriage. I'm thankful that they seek God together. They are getting more involved with their church and doing activities together, like singing in choir. 

5.  Finally, I'm praying lots and lots of wisdom for a really close friend. This year contained a lot of life changing events, with some good and some bad. She now needs some wisdom to make some big decisions. I've prayed wisdom and truth over her mind and heart so she can walk where God is leading her, out on her own personal "Oceans."

Side Note: Hillsong United's acoustic version of Zion released on Tuesday. It is wonderful. I've listened to it while praying and worshiping. I am so moved by it, I've cried every time and have had to just stop to be still in the presence of the Almighty God. If you need a heart revival, I give it two alleluia hands up!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment