Tuesday, May 14, 2013

30th Birthday...The Birthday I Just Keep Celebrating...

I'm just not normally into my birthday.  I think that since it falls on Memorial Day weekend and was after school was out, it was always hard to plan parties.  I can remember one time, I invited some friends of mine when I turned 13 to a slumber party but they couldn't come because they were going to the lake or a softball tournament.  I was really sad because I thought those girls were good friends of mine. But God has been healing this wound.  Greatly in the past year.  Now I can look at my birthday and laugh with joy because that is when God let me enter the world.

Last April/May, Miss LE and my mom organized a 30th birthday countdown.  Everyday, for 30 days leading up to my birthday, I received a small gift.  For example, on day 16, I received 16 ounces of Coke Zero.  It was so much fun and I felt so loved...definitely not forgotten by my friends.  Fast forward to six months ago, back in November, my class at OCS celebrated my half birthday!  I felt so silly until it actually happened!  My class was so excited!  My sweet homeroom mom organized this super cute project where the class filled out a page about me to them.  It was so perfect and something I will treasure forever.  Now that we are in the month of May, the class was getting excited again.  My principal honored me with wearing the "Birthday Tiara" and a cupcake last Thursday.  The class was so happy for me!  Many of the little girls tried to sneak hugs when I sat down so they could touch the tiara.  They said I looked like a princess.  I won't lie, wearing it all day brought out the ballerina in me, and made me walk taller all day long.  At the end of the day, they all serenaded me with "Happy Birthday," including cha-chas.  It didn't matter that we did this six months before, all that matter was that it was birthday time again!

Now, with my birthday coming in 14 days, I have to look back on this year and smile.  When I was 19 and imagining I was 30, I never would have imagined my life where I am right now.  There are still dreams and hopes that are currently on hold, while I wait on God.  However, could I have felt more loved?  I have felt so loved and special this year not only by the beautiful people around me, but by my Father, the one who created me.  He has truly reminded me that I am his beloved, his beautiful daughter who is a princess.  I am a masterpiece who has good works to do for God to make His glory known.  I can walk around feeling delighted in everyday because that is what He does.  No more feeling ashamed or embarrassed about my birthday.  No more feeling disappointed.  Instead, I will embrace my special day and let myself be celebrated.  After all, it is what God does to me everyday, showering me with His graceful gifts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment