Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What I'm Listening to Wednesday


Ok, I'll admit.  I do like off the beaten path artists.  I enjoy some Florence and the Machine a lot.  I know they are not everyone's cup of tea or that even everyone has heard of them, but give this song a chance.  It spoke to me in so many ways as I am on this own personal journey.  Here are my favorite lines:  "Shake it out, shake it out, ooh whoa, and it's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh whoa.
'Cause I am done with my graceless heart, so tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart."  I am in the process of shaking the devil off my back.  I am finished with being graceless to myself and I'm starting over with looking at myself through God's grace and perspective.  "Shake it out, shake it out."

0 comments:

Post a Comment