Thursday, May 2, 2013

Amy The Faithful

My Lifegroup and I are currently reading through Pastor Craig Groeschel's Altar Ego.  At the beginning, Pastor Craig challenges us to lay down labels that people have put upon us during our life.  I've always struggled with being super full of anxiety, even just saying that being a worrier is part of my personality type.  I've always wanted to be "Amy the Faithful,' that woman who looks at the future and laughs at it because she knows that God is in control.  I'm striving to believe this truth in my life.

Last week, I has an opportunity for some truth to be spoken into my life.  This person spoke to me that I am steadfast.  As soon as that was said, I wanted to look around the room to make sure that it wasn't about someone else.  But I knew God's truth had just been spoken over my life.  I knew that it was His words...because words do matter...He sees me as "Amy the Steadfast."  That night, I was working though my daily activity for the day in "Breaking Free,"  the lesson was about  King Jotham.


2 Chronicles 27:6  states, "Jotham grew powerful because he walked steadfastly before the Lord his God."  Whoa.  Um, is anyone else's Godincience Alarm going off or is it just me?  Jotham was blessed because he was steadfast in his relationship with God.  I then began searching for other verses that had steadfast in them, and up came up several verses that I have been praying over my life the past few weeks, like Isaiah 26:3- "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast,  because they trust in you."  Then I felt led to look up the word faithful in the dictionary.  And look at one of the synonyms for it... STEADFAST.   Yup, my mind was racing and exploding with the Holy Spirit at the same time.  Especially when I felt God tell me it is done.  I don't have to work to become "Amy the Faithful."  It is done.  God, wonderful, loving, and powerful God has made me "Amy the Faithful...Amy the Steadfast."  When I rest in God, my cornerstone in life, I am resting in the truth that my works are done.  I receive from Him by His grace this new name and identity.  There is no question of who I am now.  I am Faithful.  I am Steadfast.  I am His Beloved.  I am the Daughter of the Most High King.



0 comments:

Post a Comment