Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thank You

Teaching kindergarten is often like herding cats. I never really know what goes into their little sponge minds or what they miss because there was something really really shiny on the floor to look at.

The past three weeks in Bible we have learned about Jesus' life on earth with His teachings and miracles to show He is the Son of God. Last week I introduced the idea of grace to the class, explaining it as the teaching manual did: God's kindness when we deserve punishment. The class seemed to really snatch the idea and run with it. I thought the only reason they did was because we have a little girl with that name in our class.

Fast forward to yesterday. I had three friends that landed on a note home to the parents spot due to their behavior. They had turned their behavior around from earlier in the day, but still couldn't quite get it to move their clip all the way up on the top. I was going to write them a note, when the Holy Spirit prompted me to tell them that I was going to show them grace today. There would be no note home.they were genuinely happy. They said I was being kind even when I didn't need to. Then, without them seeing each other, all three came up individually and thanked me for the grace: "Miss L, thank you so much for the grace today," "Thank you for the grace. I'll try harder tomorrow." "Thanks for the grace."

I'm praying that the lesson of showing them grace is more impactful in shaping their heart for The Lord than any note I could have written yesterday. I pray that their thankfulness lays a foundation for them to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

As for me, it impacted me greatly and reminded me that Eucharisteo truly is the gateway to grace and joy. And also to not be so skeptical if their little ears are listening and learning during Bible because apparently they are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment