Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chosen, Set Apart, Loved

"This is the beginning of how husbands and wives forbear and forgive. They are blown away by being chosen, set apart, and loved by God. Plead with The Lord that this would be the heartbeat of your life and your marriage."- John Piper

     It may seem odd for a single gal to write a post on marriage, but I feel like God has changed so much in my mind about marriage I wanted to share it with you as well.
     In the summer of 2012, God placed Jeremiah 18:1-5 in my life. I've blogged about it before, and how that image of God molding me has never really left my mind. God continues to mold me again and again, and in some places I can see why He is molding me in a certain way.
Since the start of 2013, I know God is pursuing me to grow in dependence upon Him. He has reminded me over and over that I was known by Him before I was born to do the good works He has prepared for me (Psalm 139:13; Ephesians 2:10). I know that I am chosen. Recently, through my LifeGroup and staff devotionals, God is reminding me to become set apart, to live a holy life for Him, to be holy because that is what He is (1 Peter 1:15-16). I am trying to walk in His way out of love and to bring glory and honor to His name. Most of all, I know that I am beautiful and loved by Him (Psalm 45:11, John 3:16). He is enthralled with my beauty and loves me so much that He sent His son on a rescue mission to die for my sins so I could spent eternity with Him.
     The way God has molded my clay heart this year in these three ways has truly blown me away. I am more alert and alive to His love and character. It is such a spectacular yet intimate feeling, I cannot put it into words. Yet, I can see the peace in all the hard times of growing and change. God has definitely changed my heartbeat.
     I'll admit, I've felt silly digging these ditches God has called me to dig. But, I've read some great resources on how to view men from a Godly not worldly perspective. Men are not the idiot to be scoffed and laughed at, as depicted by commercials and sitcoms. God has created them with a unique set of characteristics that I've learned to see from God's point of view and respect. (Now, I understand that sometimes men do dumb things...but don't we all? Or is it just me? Sometimes I feel like the queen of dumb things. Like forgetting about a load of laundry for two days, so they were so wrinkled I had to wash it again. It's called being human, right?). Lately God has laid on my heart marriage, so I'm taking the plunge by gaining understanding about how He has created and designed marriage. Suddenly all of this growing of 2013 doesn't seem that crazy. Sure I've been tired and stretched to my human limits, but I feel that perhaps I'm getting a tiny glimpse into why. God is definitely molding me to be more like His Son...and I believe that He is molding me for a purpose, for a marriage that will stand out in this age of darkness and bitterness around marriage. I pray my life and my future marriage are so rooted in Christ that it exudes His love and grace and draws others into a forever relationship with God. I'm thankful for this period of waiting in order to be built up so I can walk ahead strong and courageous, not in fear or worry. I'm thankful my secular worldview of marriage has been replaced with God's truth. I'm thankful that He has helped me to walk in patience and to really exercise Christian forgiveness. Most of all, I'm thankful for how much more I'm in love with God. He will truly fill and blow your mind if you let Him. After all, Ephesians 3:20 states, "God can do far more than you could ask or imagine." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment