Sunday, October 20, 2013

Saturday's List of 25 Things

1. When I see #flashbackfriday on social media, it makes me think of Lost. Let's go back to the island, Jack. I'm ready! 

2. Marriage is everywhere...like everywhere this week.

3. I bought red lipstick. 

4. Maybe I'm expecting big things up ahead since I bought red lipstick.

5. Maybe my new hair cut has really turned me into Taylor Swift since I bought the red lipstick.

6. Or maybe I just bought it to be fun, bold, and daring.

7.  Why do the annoying songs stick in your head forever? I woke up several times this past week with a certain woodland creature's song in my head. Annoying. Why couldn't it be something good?

8. Still don't have an idea for a costume. I've bounced around from League of Their Own to Tangled and nothing has excited me. miss KD, can I just come with book written on my face and be "Facebook"? 

9. I love sunrises.

10. I love sunsets.

11. I just love watching God painting masterpieces in the sky.

12. I have no idea how tall I am. 

13. But I do know that there are never cute shoes on the sale rack for my 9.5 feet. If only I was a 7.5.

14. My dog snores. 

15. I'm starting the Circle Maker by Mark Batterson this week.

16. God answers prayer! We have to be faithful, patient, and persistent.

17. Some times my excitement for others' lives changing turns into discontent as I feel like looking at my life and seeing it as stuck.

18. When I'm discontent, I'm thankful for God's forgiveness and grace.

19. A great part of wedding receptions is definitely the cake. I wish you could just order wedding cake anytime you wanted. 

20. I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin pie. Can we have pumpkin cheesecake this year at Thanksgiving?  Or pecan pie? Chocolate cream?

21. I love watching my favorite movie. In fact, I just watched it two weekends in a row.    Want to guess what it is?

22. Autumn Leaves by Yankee Candle is seriously awesome. The smell reminds me of walking by trees with the leaves falling on a sunny fall day. Like the ones I miss from Lawrence, where we had seasons. LE SIGH. I just want to see some fall leaves. 

23. Trying to do a turn in ballet when you are 31 is way different than doing a turn when you are 17. Way different. I may have thought I now have inner ear issues.

22. I miss being at OU a lot this year. Probably means I'm just old.

23. Since I've switched to black coffee, I was surprised at how sweet and rich my Salted Caramel Mocha Latte was this year. I wonder what a Salted Caramel Mocha black coffee tastes like. Maybe that would be a good compromise.

24. Sometimes I wish I could be Anne Shirley from the Anne of Green Gables, red hair and all. Life had to be simpler and gentler then.

25. Psalm 13 is filled with good stuff!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment