Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Come with me...

Last week, in my journey to deconstruct my walls that I had erected in my life, Jesus led me to this scripture in the Beth Moore study I'm doing.  It is from Song of Solomon, a book I normally skip because I think, "That stuff is for married people.  When I get married one day, I will read through it."  However, it was a really sweet and tender passage, just the right group of 'honey words' I needed to hear:
 My beloved spoke and said to me,
    “Arise, my darling,
    my beautiful one, come with me.
See! The winter is past;
    the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
    the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
    is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
    the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
    my beautiful one, come with me.” - Song of Solomon 2:10-13

I really felt like the Spirit was speaking this directly to me.  The hard time of "winter" in my life of having to lay down control, pride, and sadness is over.  God is creating and renewing a Spring season in my life now.  The hard work of pruning is over and I am beginning to bear some fruit and radiate the scent of Christ to others.  I just need to grab the hand of Jesus and let Him lead me out of these walls and start walking with Him.  As I was praying about this idea of just walking and not knowing where this journey would lead, an image very similar to the picture below came to mind:

     Bob Goff talks about our life with Jesus as an adventure in his book Love Does.  It is an excellent read.  The first time, the second time, probably even the 400th time.  I feel like after reading and re-reading, I know this guy on a personal level, so I'm going to refer to him as Bob.  (He probably would be ok with that.)  Some of my favorite chapters in the book are about how he pursues his wife and his account of his children's ten-year old adventures.  Bob says this at the end of describing the adventures, "Even though Jesus' disciples were older, they must have felt like my kids did on their ten-year-old adventures.  they saw joy and suffering, triumph and tragedy, and in the end there was just a man, an idea, and an invitation without a lot of details.  The disciples were unschooled and ordinary like my kids, like all of us.  Yet they didn't need all the details because they were on an adventure with a father who wanted to take them.  You don't need to know everything when you're with someone you trust."  
     Bob is right.  Jesus is calling me to come with Him.  I don't know the details of this journey.  But I can trust God that what is ahead will be what He has allowed to come into my life so I can be a best witness of His love and glory to others.  I'm grabbing His hand and we are walking ahead....Destination: Heaven. Details to get there, like sights to see or pit stops:  Unknown.  But that is OK!  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment