Sunday, June 16, 2013

Soulful Sunday



      Last night, I had the opportunity to go to Hillsong United.  I just love seeing them in person.  Every time I see them, I get more excited for heaven.  I can't wait for the day when we will all just sit in God's presence and worship Him 24/7.  It fills the longing of my heart and soul, that deep place that nothing else can fill or touch. It was especially moving last night as these past six months, even ten months, have been a huge growing season for me in Jesus.  It has been hard and I've been disappointed at times.  Actually a lot of the time.  And, I won't lie, there have been times I have wanted to quit as well.  But through lots of encouragement, I feel like I'm actually in a better place than I was in last year at this time.  Anyway, at Hillsong, as we sung this song last night, these words expressed exactly how I have felt.  Tears flowed out of my eyes as I sang the truth of these words out:  "I will fight to follow, I will fight for love.  To throw my life forever into the triumph of the Son.  Let Your love be my companion in the war against my pride, long to break all vain obsession till You're all that I desire."


0 comments:

Post a Comment