Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday's List: 20 Random Things about Ames

Do you remember those email surveys from many, many years ago? You know, those that you had a friend fill out and then you emailed onto other friends? Some people hated them. I loved them because I like learning random facts about others. In that mindset, I've gone old school with my blog today, and here are 20 Random Facts:

1. What is a place from your past where you felt completely safe?
     -For me, I have two places from when I was a child. The first place was my Great Aunt Milda's enclosed sun porch at her house Denver. She had this cute dining set and we would eat meals and celebrate birthdays there. She also had this teal and cream colored lounger that I remember reading and drawing pictures on. I loved that room and would one day love to have a room like that in my own house.  The other place is the porch swing at my Grandpa and Grandma L's house. I thought it was the coolest thing to have a swing attached to your house. I loved going to sit on it and rock back and forth.

2. Are you a dog or a cat person?
     -I really don't mind cats. It was the only kind of pet I had growing up. In fact, I'll take one with a good personality over a grumpy cat any day. However, in college, I wanted to get a dog, I think a black lab, and name him Sam. Well I have a dog, he is an Italian Greyhound/Whippet, and His name is George. And he is the best dog ever. So I guess I prefer dogs.

3. Vanilla or chocolate?
     - It totally depends. I love a good vanilla bean cupcake or some ice cream. But I love chocolate in my salted caramel lattes and of course, my momma's wacky cake.

4. What is your favorite thing to write with?
     -A sharpie. 

5.  What is your morning routine?
    -Well, first I have to stop being bleary eyed. Then I do my morning devotional time. I then usually shower, because I like to think about what I read then. Then I finish getting ready for the day (make-up, hair, fashionable clothing choices) and finally have breakfast and a cup of coffee. I'm a little like Lorelei Gilmore and really cannot function without coffee in the morning. If my throat feels dry or scratchy, I might have some tea first, but I will have coffee. Finally, I brush my pearly whites and then out the door!

6. Favorite color for bed sheets?
     -As much as I love color on everything, I prefer my bed sheets to be white. My sheets currently are white with an eyelet trim. Super feminine, I know, but as long as I'm a single gal, I'll live in my fancy girly world.

7.  What did you want to grow up to be when you were five?
     -Probably She-Ra, Princess of Power, followed by Punky Brewster, Sleeping Beauty, and then Dolly Parton.

8.  Any tattoos?
     -Nope. In college, I was seriously contemplating getting a butterfly with the word "Agape" on the wings. I was visiting my grandma one night, and she "randomly" grabbed my hand and said, "Don't get a tattoo." Everyone else thought grandma was nuts, but I knew what it was about. So, for whatever reason, I have no tats and probably would never get one.

9. Favorite Yankee Candle scent?
     -My favorite, Lily of the Valley is retired. My everyday favorite is Pink Sands.  My favorite at Christmas is Christmas at the Beach.

10. Do you watch Downton Abbey?
     - Yes. But I'm incredibly upset at what  happened at the end of season three. Don't even get me started.

11.  Favorite book you have read this year?
     -Hmmm. Actually I have to say Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. I'm just about finished re-reading it for the second time. I think the first time I read it, I had such mixed feelings about it because I wasn't spiritually mature to really get the heart of it. But I do now and it's changed me for His best.

12.  Movie that makes you laugh and cry?
  -It's a toss-up between UP! and Return to Me.

13.  Thing that you try to do that no one else really knows about.
     -Learn the Toby Mac rap part to Mandisa's Good Morning song...."you smoothie, me ice cold pizza..." I've just about got it down. Now what to do with my new skills?

14.  Guilty pleasure song you know all the words to?
   -As I found out last week, apparently the Backstreet Boys from back in the day. Can't remember where I had stashed my Hillsong tickets, (don't worry, I found them), but I can remember the words and hand motions to "As Long As You Love Me." I fear if I ever get amnesia, that might be the only thing I remember.

15. One thing you really want to wear, but are too afraid to?
    - I really want a pair of pink neon pants. But then I chicken out because I don't know where I would wear them.

16.  Thing you are looking forward to:
    - I try to find at least one thing to look forward to each day. Today is the Hillsong United concert. :-)

17. McDonalds or Burger King? 
   -Neither. How about Chick-Fil-A?

18. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character?
    -Ernie or Big Bird. I liked Ernie because he was fun and didn't act so boring like Bert. Big Bird always reminded me of myself though. 

19. What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
    -Probably Reba, her first one that was on the WB. Even though some people didn't like it because there was a teen pregnancy on the show, that was one reason I liked it. That happens in real life and the way the family showed grace to each other was great. Not to mention you can't help but laugh at Barbara Jean and Van. Crack. Me. Up.

20.  What is something that makes you happy?
    - Interestingly, I've really learned a lot about happiness vs. joy in my life lately. Happiness is an emotion, where joy is a state of being because of the Holy Spirit within me.  I may not be happy during a rough time, but I can be joyful, knowing that no experience is wasted in God's hands. So, on that note, I would say that as weird as it sounds either eating an orange or drinking orange juice make me feel that emotion of happy. The orange is just a bright pretty color, the smell is so clean to me, and the taste is sweet and sometimes a little sour. To me, an orange is a little bit of sunshine. 

Whew! Ok, that's it! 20 random facts about me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment