Friday, February 15, 2013

Destruction leads to Destiny...at least I'm hoping!

Last week, I was listening to some worship music and heard the word destruction in it. It hit me like a paper cut on a sensitive part of your hand. The idea was there, stinging in my soul.

Fast forward to a few hours later and I found myself facing an overwhelming situation. I was trying to figure things out on my own and how to solve it. But I couldn't. It is embarrassing to me because it is clear I cannot depend on myself to get me out of this situation. Which is frustrating for me. I've always wanted to be an independent woman where I was not indebted to anyone. Instead, I'm now asking for help from others in all areas of my life: relational, financial, spiritual, and mental. I'm admitting to others slowly and surely that "I'm tired, I'm worn. I cannot do this without your help." I cried and cried and cried. As I was going to bed that night, I saw a very encouraging post by my church's youth pastor's wife. At the end, she quoted Psalm 37:4, which I have seen everywhere this year. EVERYWHERE. I opened up my Bible and turned to read that Psalm again, when I saw this wonderful card Miss LE gave me a few months ago, marking that scripture. God can take these impossible situations I'm facing and change them as long as I trust Him and wait patiently for Him to act. This destruction I am going through is leading to my destiny. I know on the other side of this, I will be dependent on God and his love and grace and not have an  independent spirit built on fear and pride. Even though I feel like I have a giant spiritual paper cut, I know that God is working all things together for my good. So even though it hurts, let the walls crumble Lord, for I know that through this I will become more like You.

0 comments:

Post a Comment