Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Generosity..It Is Contagious..Pass It On!

Coolest thing happened at tutoring last night!  And I found it even more awesome since one of my words this year is eucharisteo...thanksgiving.  You see, I've found myself being more generous with myself, my time, and my resources as I am more thankful to God.  He constantly gives me blessing after blessing each day, and that makes me want to be more generous in return.  I want to be the blessing.  This 6th grade boy showed me that he could be the blessing too.

We had a new little guy last night.  He said he was 7 years old...and stayed at the tutoring center from 3:30 until we closed at 7:30.  That is a LONG time for a 7 year old.  LONG time.  The last  hour I worked with him and Mr. Generous.  Poor little guy was struggling, tired and worn out.  His attention and confident in himself was waning.  I tried to reward him with extra tokens so at the end he could go to the reward store and buy himself something nice for all of his hard work.  Little guy went over to the store with the help of Mr. Generous to pick something out, but he just didn't have enough tokens.  I was going to encourage little guy to get something small for all of his hard work for the day when Mr. Generous said he would buy him something out of his stack of tokens.  He said he had more than enough and he would like to do that for little guy.  Well, I couldn't say no to that act of generosity  the act of being a blessing to other in return, the act of eucharisteo in action.  I said that was a great idea.  So Mr. Generous bought little guy a light up top that made his face light up.  In fact, by the time we all left, everyone's faces were lit up with smiles!  And that random act of kindness will stay with me this week...I'll have my heart and eyes open to how I can be that generous with someone else...God is so good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment