Thursday, February 21, 2013

Releasing Control, Pt.1

Confession.  I really don't want to blog about my need for control.  I really don't.  I really don't want to admit that I have this huge need to control things and if it doesn't go a certain way, well then be prepared.  I will let you know I'm disappointed, either by crying or a surge of anger.  However, last Sunday at church I was TOTALLY convicted of my need to control.  I'm in the process of repenting, and in doing that, I felt God call me to confess of my issue and to stop hiding behind my walls.

Currently at church, Pastor Groeschel is teaching on how to lay ourselves down on the altar of God.  I knew that this past Sunday was going to be about how control freaks need to release the control back over to God.  Knowing I have had an issue with controlling things, I knew this message was going to be a challenging one.  However, by the end of church I totally felt like the wind was knocked out of me.  I've never been more convicted of a sin that I have let grow within me.  So, for the next few blogs, walk with me as I try and be open about releasing control over my life back to the One to who it belongs to, God.  I want to be open and transparent as possible about this journey, so brace yourselves, because it is about to get real on here.  I'm letting go of my white washed tomb walls and taking you inside to where it is stinky, dark, and not life giving.  In this journey, I hope that you will see God's grace in action and embrace it for your own life as well.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment