Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pursued by Love

One of my favorite books is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I read it back as a freshman in high school, loving the determined pursuit of Elizabeth's heart by Mr. Darcy.  He gently wins her heart by being a servant and loving her despite the fact both were very prideful to one another.



Lately, God has been reminding me of my own selfish pride. I was reading Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. She says, "...impatience is the fruit of pride." I was blown away by conviction of the root of my impatience. I am impatient because I am not trusting in the Lord's timing and due to my pride, think I know better. My flesh wants to be a "do"er, while God is asking me to be a "wait"er. If I wait on His timing, He will give me what is the best for me.

Back to P&P. God has also been very clear to me that he wants me to learn how to be pursued. He wants me to accept it when He chases after me with His great love. The only way that can happen is if I lay down my pride and humble my heart. Then God can pursue me on a deeper level and continue to gently win my heart each day,  Imagine that,  the Servant King, always loving me purely and covering me with grace. Sounds too good to be true.  I'll admit, my pride doesn't want to allow myself to be pursued, especially by God because I think I don't deserve it.  It is true that I don't...BUT GOD wants me.   He wants me more than I could ask or imagine.  With that,  God has been also very clear to me that as I learn to be pursued by Him, it will open the way in my heart for that Godly warrior He is preparing for me to do life with.  God has shown me that I can't be pursued by my future two if I am not even letting God in all my heart.  So, I lay me down, take away my pride...pursue me Lord, pursue me. I will wait for You each morning and evening.  Let me be surrounded in your amazing love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment